Yesterday was a little rough. I had pain in my hips and lower back. My endometriosis must be acting up.
Usually, I’d make a pot of mint tea with cinnamon to soothe the pain but I did that yesterday. Today, I wanted to try something that I KNOW helps with inflammation but that I’d never made while suffering from cramps and other random pain.
I don’t know about you, but I have lots of random jars and bags filled with teas, herbs, and spices. I went straight for the bright yellow turmeric in my pantry.
Turmeric is a magic worker; it’s beautiful, tastes rich, and helps fight inflammation.
Golden Turmeric Milk is a traditionally South Asian drink that has recently become a “cult favorite.” It makes sense, it’s delicious.
Try the recipe below the next time you want to sip on something warm and yummy or when you’re combatting inflammation anywhere in your body.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric (in dried spice form)
- A few thin slices of fresh ginger ground
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Honey or agave to sweeten
- In a sauce pan, add the coconut milk, almond milk, turmeric and ground ginger on medium heat.
- Stir and let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Add in a pinch of cinnamon, black pepper, and coconut oil. *The coconut oil helps your body absorb the turmeric!*
- Mix again and serve when you’re ready with honey or agave.